At Yarnia, we love introducing people to the fiber arts and helping crafters hone their skills and develop confidence. We offer introductory classes for total newbies, as well as intermediate and advanced classes for crafters looking to learn something new or perfect a technique. We also offer private lessons, and have classes for a wide range of ages. If you’d like to learn a skill that’s not listed here, let us know! And please check in frequently or sign up for our newsletter! We are always developing new classes, and will be offering spinning and other handcraft classes soon!
Classes Enrolling Now:
Knitting 101 – Intro to KnittingSaturday 10:30 am - 12:00 pm, beginning July 13
- super bulky-weight yarn (Yarnia has a list of suggested yarns in-store)
- 16″ US size 15 circular knitting needles and double-pointed needles (for hat), or US size 15 straight needles (for cowl).
Knitting 101 for Teens & TweensSaturday 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm, beginning July 13
Is your teen or tween itching to learn to knit? Come join us in this class for beginners ages 8 and up, and learn to knit, purl, make color changes, cast on, cast off.
- 2 balls Sugarbush Chill, super-bulky-weight yarn
- knitting needles in US size 15 or 17
PLEASE NOTE: This is a drop-off class. If your child is not ready for a drop-off class, ask us about private lessons instead.
Class fee is $50 for three 1-hour sessions. Yarn for the project must be purchased at Yarnia; come in before your first class for help in selecting appropriate materials and get a 10% discount on yarn purchased for use in the class. Please arrive 15 minutes before the start of each class.
Class Instructor: Evelyn Bourne
Class Dates: July 13, 20, and 27
- Minimum of 2-3 students per class or class may be cancelled at instructor’s discretion.
- Classes must be paid in advance and are not refundable. Credit toward a future class will be given if notified at least 48 hours before the first class.
- A 10% discount will be given on yarn and fiber purchased for classes.