We at Yarnia love to make socks, and we know that many of you do, too! We're going to be playing "Sock Bingo" for the remainder of 2021 to make all that sock making even more fun!
Here's everything you need to know to play along and qualify for prizes:
Sock Bingo will run from June 1 through December 31, 2021. Any sock cast on after June 1 may be entered into Sock Bingo.
Your Sock Bingo entries should be posted on Instagram and/or Ravelry. Post pictures of your socks (in progress or completed) on Instagram with the hashtag #yarniasockbingo. We'll draw one winner a month from among posts with that hashtag for a sock-related prize. On Ravelry we'll have two Sock Bingo threads in our Shopyarnia group - Chatter and Finished Objects. We'll draw one winner a month from among progress picture posts in the Chatter thread for a sock-related prize.
To be entered for the grand prize (details to come, but we know you will love it), post a picture in the Finished Objects thread of 5 socks you've completed that were cast on June 1, 2021 or later AND your completed Sock Bingo board -- with 5 consecutive squares checked off (across, down, or diagonal) for elements included in the pictured socks. The whole idea is to try some new things - toe-up if you've always done cuff-down, cables if you've always done plain vanilla, etc. Everyone who posts a picture of a 5 socks and their completed Sock Bingo board will receive a Yarnia Sock Bingo 2021 Katrinkles progress keeper.
We want everyone to be able to enjoy Sock Bingo. If you're not a Ravelry user, email your entry (a picture of 5 completed socks cast on June 1, 2021 or later AND a picture of your completed Sock Bingo board as above), full name, and city to [email protected] with the subject Sock Bingo Entry and we'll post it for you. Your last name will not be published.
- Sock Bingo will run from June through December 31, 2021.
- Any completed sock cast on June 1 or later may be entered into Sock Bingo.
- The five socks may not be five identical socks. They can be two pairs plus one additional sock, one pair plus three additional socks, or five separate socks.
- You can check off multiple boxes for one sock, but you may not complete a whole row with the attributes or methods of a single sock. For needle, choose the one you used for the majority of the sock.
- Double dipping is allowed, even encouraged! Feel free to enter your Sock Bingo socks in other MALs like the Crazy Sock Lady's Summer Sock Camp and KnittyNatty's Sock Week.
- All socks must be hand knit or crocheted (machine knit socks do not qualify).
- Socks must include at least 50 rows to be entered - adult socks of all lengths and kids socks should qualify; baby socks would not.
- If at least one of your socks uses yarn from Yarnia, you get an extra entry with the board that it's used on -- just post your entry twice and mention which yarn is from Yarnia.
- After submitting a completed Sock Bingo board and picture of your 5 socks, you may request an additional board if you'd like to play again.
- While we encourage Yarnia staff to participate, they are not eligible for prize drawings.
Questions? Email [email protected] and include Sock Bingo in your subject.
Ready to get started? Get your own Sock Bingo board for FREE here: click here.