Working at Yarnia
Love Fiber & Helping Others? If that's you, apply to work at Yarnia!
Every team member at Yarnia in a customer-facing role is an experienced knitter and/or crocheter. Because our customers range from new crafters just learning to work with yarn, to knitwear designers, crafting bloggers and experienced craftspeople, you should be comfortable interacting with a wide range of people. Additional requirements include prior retail experience, a patient disposition, and enthusiasm for helping people.
Weekend hours are required, along with some weekday hours (generally mid-afternoon through closing).
Tasks include but are not limited to:
· Answering customer questions regarding yarn selections and options
· Recommending knitting or crochet patterns
· Running the cash register
· Re-stocking inventory on the sales floor and in the stockroom (ie: lifting boxes of yarn up to 40 lbs)
· Accurately filling online orders for pick-up or shipping
· Helping customers with simple knitting and/or crochet problems (basic helping ability required, more advanced skills a plus)
· Helping create store displays
· More advanced involvement tailored to the team member's skills (eg: making store samples, teaching workshops or classes, etc.)
Preference will be given to candidates who are a knit or crochet designer, yarn dyer, fiber arts podcaster or blogger, or fiber crafts instructor.
Interested candidates should send their resume plus a link to their Ravelry or Instagram account (wherever you post photos of your knitting or crocheting) or photos (files of 2MB or less) and a description of 2-3 recent fiber projects to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use the subject "Working at Yarnia".
Compensation is based on experience and includes a generous store discount.