I was so excited for our partnership with North Light Fibers for our first knitting retreat in Spring 2022. I couldn’t wait until I got there to use North Light Fibers’ fantastic yarn, so I whipped up these quick fingerless mitts in their Water Street yarn while I was waiting for our retreat day to finally arrive. The lace on the back reminds me of the shapes the waves leave in the sand as they roll back to the sea. The perfect project while you wait for a beach trip!
This pattern was first released to participants in the Yarnia group for the North Light Fibers retreat in 2022.
- Yarn: One skein of North Light Water St DK or similar DK yarn. One skein can make a pair of mitts with quite a bit of leftover.
- Needles: US 5/ 3.75mm DPN’s or a long circular needle for Magic Loop, US 3/3.25mm DPN’s or a long circular needle for Magic Loop
- Gauge: 24st = 4" in stockinette
- Notions: stitch marker, darning needle
- Scrap yarn for thumb stitch holder